Opting for hair restoration is the initial move toward reclaiming your hair. Following that, identifying the ideal restoration method for your specific condition is key. We're here to streamline the choices, ensuring a smoother decision-making process for you.
Learning about treatment options for hair loss will help you make the right decision for your unique condition. Some of the best treatment options for restoring and regrowing hair include:
- FUT Hair Transplant: Follicular unit transplantation is a surgical technique that uses a strip of balding-resistant hair and transplants these follicles to areas of the scalp suffering from hair loss.
- FUE Hair Transplant: Follicular unit extraction is another surgical technique that extracts individual hair follicular units from the balding-resistant donor area of the scalp. These follicular units are then transplanted into areas of the scalp needing treatment.
- PRP Injections: Platelet-rich plasma therapy is a non-surgical treatment that uses stem cells from the patient’s blood, platelets, and growth factors to formulate an injectable solution. This solution is then injected into the patient's scalp, promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss.
- Laser Cap Therapy: Another non-surgical treatment, laser cap therapy uses LEDlasers directed at the scalp. These lasers emit light energy, which energizes the hair follicles in your scalp to stimulate hair regrowth.
- Nutritional Supplements: When your body lacks biotin, vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, or omega 3s, this can cause hair loss. To combat this, nutritional supplements can provide your body with these vitamins and minerals and promote hair growth.
Having explored the array of available treatments, it's crucial to align them with your individual needs and objectives. Begin by consulting your physician to pinpoint the cause of your hair loss, as certain treatments prove more effective based on the root cause. There are non-surgical alternatives that may address the root cause of hair loss without resorting to surgery.
When considering non-surgical hair restoration, certain factors may point you to one treatment over another. PRP injections are typically recommended for women with thinning hair following menopause as well as general hair loss in men and women. Additionally, PRP injections are quick and cost-effective with minimal complications. Laser cap therapy is an excellent option for those wanting convenient and portable treatment as you can use the cap at home and on the go. Finally, if your hair loss is determined to be due to nutritional deficiencies, supplements are always recommended.
If surgery is your best option, understanding the difference between FUT and FUE hair surgery will help you make an informed decision. FUT surgery is typically recommended for patients suffering from advanced or extensive hair loss. FUE surgery is better suited for male and female pattern baldness. Additionally, FUE is associated with minimal scarring, less pain, and a quicker recovery compared to FUT.
The Pure Hair Restoration Center offers the best treatments for hair loss and thinning including Follicular Unit Transplants and Follicular Unit Extraction, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Laser Cap Therapy, and nutritional supplements. Contact us for a consultation by a board certified physician to determine the best treatment option for you.
AUTHOR: Dr. Nader Ronaghi, founder of Pure Hair Restoration Center, is a leading physician in the field of hair transplantation in Newport Beach, California with over a decade of experience. Dr. Ronaghi uses biologics with advanced medical technology to restore hair, helping his patients improve their appearance and self-esteem.