The foods that you eat maintain the functions of your body - your hair is no different. More than half of all men and women experience some form of hair loss during their lifetime. A large portion of these cases can be attributed to malnutrition, with an iron deficiency being most common.
If you do not intake the proper nutrients, your hair health will suffer. It is important that you regularly consume healthy foods that contain protein, vitamin B12, iron, biotin and other nutrients, all of which can be found in these top 10 foods:
- Eggs contain protein and biotin, both of which are essential to building a good foundation for healthy hair.
- Avocados are full of healthy fats, which are a great source of energy and vitamin E to promote hair health.
- Salmon and other fatty fish contain plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to promote hair growth.
- Berries such as blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries contain high levels of antioxidants, which help to protect your hair follicles from outside harm.
- Nuts contain a wide spectrum of important nutrients like vitamin E, zinc, essential fatty acids, and B vitamins.
- Greek Yogurt is full of proteins and contains vitamin B5, which supports blood flow to your scalp to promote hair growth.
- Sweet Potatoes contain a nutrient that turns into vitamin A inside of your body. Vitamin A is important for healthy hair growth, but too much of it has been shown to decrease hair growth.
- Spinach is full of important nutrients like iron, vitamin A and C which are foundational to the growth of your hair. It also contains folate which helps you metabolize proteins better for healthier hair.
- Whole Grains contain a wealth of nutrients like zinc, biotin, iron and a large array of B vitamins, all of which are promoters of healthy hair production.
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which is necessary for cell and hair growth. Since hair is the fastest growing thing on our bodies, vitamin A is important for proper hair growth.
Consuming these foods regularly can help your body get the proper nutrients to grow and maintain healthy, beautiful hair. Supplements can help balance and support your nutrient intake. Nutrafol hair vitamins will help promote hair growth and wellness through the use of potent natural ingredients, such as biotin, vitamin B12, and iron.
The Pure Hair Restoration Center offers a myriad of solutions for hair loss including regenerative PRP treatments, hair transplant surgery, light therapy and more. We believe everyone should have beautiful healthy hair!
AUTHOR: Dr. Nader Ronaghi, founder of Pure Hair Restoration Center, is a leading physician in the field of hair transplantation in Newport Beach, California with over a decade of experience. Dr. Ronaghi uses biologics with advanced medical technology to restore hair, helping his patients improve their appearance and self-esteem.